Re: [OM] Image Storage on the Road

Subject: Re: [OM] Image Storage on the Road
From: "Paul Laughlin" <pelaughlin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 16:13:00 -0700
I first ran into the advice to not connect the camera to the computer on the
mail list for the C2100UZ Oly camera.  They were blaming the computer
connection, downloading and formatting for what was called  "Sudden death
syndrome".  Some of the early C2100 cameras just died.  Since then my
cameras are never connected to the computer.  With card readers, I have
never had a need to.  And I figure that is one less chance for something to
go wrong. VBG   The Smart Media cards that the C2100 used also had no built
in controller.
Paul in Portland OR