Re: [OM] reasonably priced 3Ti 270400363196 you know where

Subject: Re: [OM] reasonably priced 3Ti 270400363196 you know where
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 22:57:14 +0800
I have different experience, the Canyon 28-135 IS I once owned does not
maintain focus (very serious, more than 4mm on the scale from 28 to 135), I
send it to Canyon repair center and they spent two weeks to tell me this is
normal. I also had tried a Sigma 17-35 it also can't maintain focus, you
simply can't use the distance scale. The Tamron AF 70-300 was better, only
sligthly off.

I don't have experience on other Canyon, I had the 17-40 but without live
view at that time and with the lousy focusing scale I don't know if it can
maintain focus or not.

For Olympus, after getting the E-3 with live view, I found the following:

14-45 - ok
40-150 3.5-4.5- ok
11-22 - failed
50-200 - failed