Re: [OM] Wow... (Pan F plus at ISO 32)

Subject: Re: [OM] Wow... (Pan F plus at ISO 32)
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 17:05:53 +0200
There are few better ways to enjoy the sweet, pretty shallow depth of
field produced by fast lenses, and as I said, this very much defines
my style, so I particularly enjoy "having to" do this with Pan F @
ISO32.

The slightly lower contrast that a lens like the 90/2.0 Macro has at f/
2.0
tames the harsh daylight, and really brings out the bokeh. The 50/1.4
 >1.1mil
is also particularly good at f/2.0 or so in this regard.

Of course, this is not a good idea for landscapes :-) But you should
try it on
your (envy-generating) film-only trip you are planning. I love how the
other guys
tried to give you advice of taking your Minolta digital with, "just in
case" -
as if there is a "just in case" that a Digi P&S will survive, and the
3Ti won't (haha).