[OM] Moose goes Mad! [was Image Storage on the Road]

Subject: [OM] Moose goes Mad! [was Image Storage on the Road]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 17:33:55 -0700
Jim Nichols wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> You must download a LOT of images.  With my normal use, I never have more
> that 20 images at any one time.

On vacation to scenic spots, it's not been unusual for me to take
150-200 shots in a day. Last month, I hit a high point*, taking 349
images on one day - I had to switch to a second 4GB card during the day.

Most of them were during a lengthy and very enjoyable wander on a beach.
there were just so many wonderful subjects that caught my attention. It
may sound weird, but I think seeing everything, from landscape to tiny
detail, through the eye of an image maker helped me "see" and enjoy the
area more than I would have simply wandering without camera.
Differently, at least, and I had a great day.

Fortunately, Carol is disposed to wander and enjoy places a slow
length,so we aren't at odds about time. She also likes having a smart
camera called Moose. She can just tell it what strikes her fancy and it
takes care of capturing the image. :-)

Overall on that three night trip, from first image to last was just over
75 hours, in which I took 784 shots. Was that overkill? I don't know. I
do know that I throughly enjoyed myself and am very pleased with most of
the images.

> For me, the Adobe Downloader works just fine.  I connect the camera to the
> USB port, turn the camera on and press ok.  The software allows me to select
> a folder or create a new folder any place I want it, and then quickly
> downloads the images. One more click and the images are deleted from the
> camera card.

When I get to the computer, I stick the card(s) into the reader, click
on the camera software, and ask it to download them. It creates
directories on the fly as needed and only downloads images not already
downloaded.

> At 79, one must take advantage of any shortcuts available.  Time is
> precious.;-)

All the more reason to prefer a fast card and reader.  ;-)

Moose

* Low point to AG, the ascetic photographer. :-)