Re: [OM] (OT) More From Acadia

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) More From Acadia
From: <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 21:42:26 -0400
Cc: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
---- Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<snip>
> I like Davey Jones' Locker and Bass Harbor Marsh as is.  I think Bob's
> Secret Acadia Spot won't do as is but that same location with a much
> wider angle that puts those foreground stones up close, sharp and in
> your face would be a winner.

Thanx for looking. I put in Secret Spot because I'd made a fuss about keeping
it a secret. The sky was totally crapped out, but I plan on being there for
better light and doing much as you suggest.

> I very much like The Path Through Spring but wonder if a little yellow
> in the color balance might improve it a bit.

Hum. There's so much yellow up there now with all the new green, it didn't
occur to me that it might be missing there. I wonder if I hit the wrong slider.
<g> I'll give that a go and see what happens.

>  Crown of Fog I can't decide on but think the foreground houses are
> distracting.

That's Bar Harbor down there. I thought the fog was kinda neat, but I don't
think it's a shot I would try to market.

> Brook Alternate and Trail to Secret Spot are lovely.  I
> also like Acadian Mist, Fog over Mt. Cadillac and Somes Sound Lupines
> (which may be the best of the 3)

Again, thanx for looking and taking the time to comment. I like the trail
shots, but I sucked a little blue out of them because everything was so wet.
Nasty weather does present its challenges. Most of the "real photographer"
stuff I see out of Acadia is dusk or dawn, with a lot of dark stuff and glowing
skies and water. It's good mood stuff, but not much for real detail.
Fortunately, I have a place to stay up there now that doesn't cost an arm and a
leg, so I can spend some time trying to shoot my idea of what Acadia
photography ought to be. <g>

--Bob Whitmire
www.bwp33.com