Re: [OM] E-P1 on CNET $750 mfr price for body

Subject: Re: [OM] E-P1 on CNET $750 mfr price for body
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban" <zuiko21@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 19:05:25 +0200
Hi Ken and all,

> From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> I believe a future generation of sensors will actually measure the
> wavelength of the light falling upon each pixel position.

<snip>

> However,
> instead of colored filters, a sensor's bucket could be variable-depth and
> would "resonate" to the wavelength of the light hitting it.

Nice idea, but I'm afrait it won't work... _Which_ wavelength would the
bucket detect? Not any light on earth is purely monochromatic, spectral
colour...

Inotherwords,
> yellow is captured as yellow, not a combination of green and red.

And then, how could you reproduce it? And pink (or even white/grey) won't be
captured at all!

But it's always nice to dream...

Cheers,
--
Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas
IES Turaniana (Roquetas de Mar, Almeria)