Re: [OM] RANT: Sample images taken with EP-1

Subject: Re: [OM] RANT: Sample images taken with EP-1
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 20:19:54 -0700
Ken Norton wrote:
> ...  I never had a Pen, and probably never will.

OMG! There we are, in tune again. It's like a seesaw. :-)

I never 'got' the Pens. Small, sure, but that's not all life is about.

First, back when I could have been interested - and was actually doing
B&W in the darkroom, the grain in FF 35mm bothered me. It was either
very slow film with fine grain, which was generally not good for what I
wanted to do, moderately slow with starting to be annoying grain, or
fast enough to be useful with objectionable to me grain. Why would I
want to move down to a frame half the size and make the grain twice as big?

Second, and even more important, the format is wrong. Over 80% of my
shots are landscape format. Sure, I can twist with the best, but would I
rather twist 80+% of the time or 20-% of the time?

> <skip E-thingies arent't right rant>
>
> (crickets)
>
> Frankly, It isn't until Olympus rediscovers what it was about the OM system
> which was so successful that Olympus will start building DSLRs that I give a
> rip for.

Face it, you are so far from a mass demographic for DSLRs that Oly would
be crazy to build a camera for your tastes. ;-)

Even your E-1 was bought second hand. Oly didn't make a dime from your
purchase. Oddly enough, they have to actually sell cameras to stay in
business.

When was the last time you bought a new Oly camera for yourself?

Aaah, that's better, the see has sawed.

Moose