Re: [OM] RANT: Sample images taken with EP-1

Subject: Re: [OM] RANT: Sample images taken with EP-1
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 11:59:21 +0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Moose"

> I never 'got' the Pens. Small, sure, but that's not all life is about.
>
> First, back when I could have been interested - and was actually doing
> B&W in the darkroom, the grain in FF 35mm bothered me. It was either
> very slow film with fine grain, which was generally not good for what I
> wanted to do, moderately slow with starting to be annoying grain, or
> fast enough to be useful with objectionable to me grain. Why would I
> want to move down to a frame half the size and make the grain twice as
> big?

I have some Pen collections, including Pen FT, F, Pen D... and some lenses,
to me they are just for fun, I'm also bothered by the film grain.

But this does not apply to everyone, two years ago a German colleague visit
us, he was around 55, carrying an old brown leather case, inside it was a
Pen FT and two (?) lenses. We had some talk, he told me he was still using
the Pen FT as he main camera, he seems like it very much.

> Second, and even more important, the format is wrong. Over 80% of my
> shots are landscape format. Sure, I can twist with the best, but would I
> rather twist 80+% of the time or 20-% of the time?

To me vertical and horizontal shots were around 50/50, this can be seen from
my galleries so I don't mind the Pen format.

C.H.Ling