Re: [OM] RANT: Sample images taken with EP-1

Subject: Re: [OM] RANT: Sample images taken with EP-1
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 11:32:11 +0200
Joel, this may be off-topic (and me coming up for my favourite lens
here)
but I just have to comment here, that the "Big Honking 90/2.0" is
actually
incredibly small for what it does. It is significantly smaller than
Canon or
Nikon's 100mm f/2.8 lenses (a full stop slower), and the 90/2.0 does not
change focal length (unlike the Canikon countrparts) when you increase
magnification.
For example, the Canon (the results of which I absolutely adored
before discovering
the OM 90/2.0) becomes more of a 60mm lens at close focusing distance.

Also, the 90/2.0 is tiny compared to the competition from Zeiss and
Voigtlander.
So, the incredible small size argument stays true with the 90/2.0.