Re: [OM] E-P1 - rather stiff prices

Subject: Re: [OM] E-P1 - rather stiff prices
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 13:21:58 -0700 (PDT)
AG wrote:

I consider its value is mostly in the nostalgia category and as much as it
> hurts to admit, the market is only a small category of peeps old enuf like
> most of us here on the list that had a rangefinder at some pt in life.  Very
> few younger peeps will be lured just because of the quteness factor...or
> just because some old geezer bought it for them...:)

I challenge this assumption based on one fact:  The Chrysler PT Cruiser and
Ford Mustang have been and continue to be strong sellers.  And it isn't just
old people buying them, either.

Boris sez:

Coz youre an old geezer too...:)

I honestly dont know about the Mustang, probably because it is not a cah that
catches my eye, but I love the looks of PT Cruiser (actually I like the HHR
better) and havent seen a young person driving one.  Prolly wont either.  In
general young peeps hate hatchbacks.

I would compare the E-P1 to the Element.  Desinged, developed and marketed with
the young in mind and ended up in the hands of the old geezers...I almost
bought one.

Boris