[OM] RANT: Sample images taken with EP-1

Subject: [OM] RANT: Sample images taken with EP-1
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 19:41:06 -0400
Hmm,
Drifting a bit here but:

The CV 90/3,5 is 390gm and 62.5mm focused at infinity vs the Z. 90 at
550gm and 71mm.  The CV is obviously slower and goes to about 1:3.5 mag
but it is very sharp wide open from the images I've seen.  The bokeh
appears super nice which seems to be a consistent feature of the CV SL
line.  A list member had a CV lens FS in OM mount but I can't find the
post.
Perhaps it was for this lens.  The Viv S1 90/2.5 is very nice and
perhaps if I didn't have one form a list member,  I would have sought
one of the  90/2 Zuikos out.  (not sure, given the price of admission
and alternatives though)

The CV125/2.5 macro goes 1:1 and weighs in at 690gm and 88mm.  I have
this one and have been smitten by it. One fault is that it does not
have Zuiko on it.  It focuses the  "wrong" way and is quite long at
1:1.  It does have floating elements and the VF is still very bright at
max mag.  (The Viv s1 90mm macro with the matched TC loses 2 stops
immediately with the TC.)  Mooses's excellent explanation of the stop
down mechanism for OM explains the vibration induced w/o aperture
prefire.  This lens does not have a tripod mount and is quite subject
to this effect at higher mags.  A shot filled bean bag seems as good as
MLU/Aperture prefire from a small experiment I did.

The Z. 85 f2 with ext tubes makes for a very small/light kit.

Mike

Dawid L says:

Also, the 90/2.0 is tiny compared to the competition from Zeiss and
Voigtlander.
So, the incredible small size argument stays true with the 90/2.0.