Re: [OM] RANT: Sample images taken with EP-1

Subject: Re: [OM] RANT: Sample images taken with EP-1
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 10:00:16 +0800
As no one give you an answer on the CA problem, I'm trying to do it, I have
circled two areas that is 'abnormal'. I can't confirm this is CA from the
lens as this problem does not always shown on other images with the same
lens. At the mean time the color fringe does not look obvious on the bright
reflection area on the bumper (also circled), it is the usual area you will
see CA/color fringe. But at F6.3 I can hardly believe a fixed lens will do
so bad.

http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/p6160172s.jpg (of course you need the original
dp image to see it)

Together with the poor image quality (overshapening with strong noise
reduction) I started to suspected the in-camera software processing engine
could have some problem. Looking at the image quality of E-620 it seems much
better but they should share the same image sensor.

C.H.Ling