[OM] Zuiko 90/2.0 Macro diaphragm spring died??

Subject: [OM] Zuiko 90/2.0 Macro diaphragm spring died??
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 11:19:11 +0200
Hi all (especially, I am hoping, John...)

This morning my 90/2.0 Macro developed a worrying problem - it's
behaving as if the
aperture stop-down lever is pressed in all the time, i.e. aperture
diaphragm is always
closed to the set aperture.

Upon further investigation, if I move the stop-down lever which the
body actuates to stop
down the lens, it moves freely with no spring resistance, and thus
does not snap back
after being stopped down. In all other respects, aperture is smooth,
non-oily, and non-sticky.

So, I figure some spring has either jumped off or snapped. My problem?
I am all the way out
here in South Africa, and not easily able to send to John in the
sates. Also, I absolutely
need my lens for a shoot this coming week-end.

The question: I am quite technically sufficient at disassembling
fairly lenses/cameras, how difficult
is it to get to the aperture mechanism for me to see what's going on?
Also, I have access to an old
master camera repairman who is amazing - he just did a full Leica M3
rebuild for somebody else - but
he has not worked much on OM lenses.

Is there anything special I need to know before either I or he
attempts to disassemble the lens? Or
is this murder, and I should use it in stop-down mode until I can send
it to John?

thanks,
Dawid