Re: [OM] a small selection.

Subject: Re: [OM] a small selection.
From: Patrick Moore <paddy@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 16:18:44 +0100
Hi Moose.

* On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 09:13:13PM -0700, Moose said:
> Patrick Moore wrote:
> > http://the.earth.li/~paddy/cgi-bin/range.pl?dir=2009_06_10_donaghadee_helen
> >

> The first one is the big winner for me. Excellent subject and light,
> classic tonal smoothness and distribution in all but the upper sky.

Thanks. :)

> I also spotted a vignette hidden in one. I can't decide if it's High Art
> or Krappy Kamera. Certainly something like I've seen on gallery walls
> and have never done myself. :-)

Oh, High Art. Honest. :)

> <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Others/Misc&image=2009_06_10_donaghadee_helen-012crup.jpg>

> Mostly a pleasant wander through images until my clicking hand got tired
> - yes, I know you are fixing it one day.

Well, I've redundancy looming, so if a replacement job doesn't come along
before this job ends, it's on my list of projects.   Honest!

> I'm curious about the very dark skies. Intentional? Unintended result of
> a polarizer?

It was a combination of both really.  I'll upload the original for you when
I make it home, but I deliberately dropped the sky tones.  I think it's a
bit over the top and you're probably right to lighten the skies.  I guess a
some restraint needs to be shown at times. ;)

> A couple of nits. You've got sensor dust bunnies, visible on 4 and
> subtly so on 5, and the curved horizons bug me a little.

Yeah, I noticed those too.  I so rarely use large f stops that I forget to
check.  Must clean it soon.

Thanks Moose,

p.>

--