Re: [OM] Olympus E-P1 - Your take on the whole plastic thing?

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus E-P1 - Your take on the whole plastic thing?
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 09:49:36 -0400
I assume that any new camera with a "stainless steel" or "brushed metal"
outer body is nothing more than a thin easily dented skin screwed down
over plastic.  All metal body would be nice but there goes the $750 body
price.

Literally all body casting parts of the 3Ti (OM-1, 1N, 2, 2N, 2S, 3, 4,
4T, 4Ti) are machined cast aluminum, steel (lens mount), brass.  There
are some plastics used here and there but not in key body construction.
  50-250 has some plastic but machined aluminum parts where it counts
(focus helicoid and zoom tubes). PoS Afs almost all plastic.
John Hermanson  |   CPS, Inc.
21 South Ln., Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121  |  www.zuiko.com
Olympus OM Service since 1977