Re: [OM] Voigtlander 40mmf1.4

Subject: Re: [OM] Voigtlander 40mmf1.4
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 18:01:42 +0200
John,

This is a bit off-topic, as most members here would convince you to
ditch the M6, get an
OM-3, and put the Olympus Zuiko 40mm f/2.0 on it :-)

Personally, I would say the only problem you will have with your M6 is
that it does not have a
40mm frame line, so you'd have to practice quite a bit to anticipate
what will/won't be in the
frame when you photograph.

For this reason, I'd steer you in the direction of a Voigtlander 35mm
f/1.4 or a Voigtlander 50mm f/1.5,
or (if they are already available, and you have the funds) the
seemingly amazing new Voigtlander 50mm f/1.1.

If you are happy with guesstimating framing, then by all means go
ahead and get the 40mm f/1.4, it's supposed to be
a really nice lens, and I'd get the SC (blue text) version if I were
doing B&W (which I always do) with it.

And no need to feel funny about using film-based equipment around
here, this list's purpose (Olympus OM) sort
of precludes any on-topic digital discussion...

good luck,
Dawid