Re: [OM] E6 processing in the UK

Subject: Re: [OM] E6 processing in the UK
From: Nicolas Mitchell <oldspeckledhen@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 09:07:43 +0100
On 24 Jun 2009, at 08:38, Piers Hemy wrote:

> To my mind, mistakes happen, things go wrong. What is important about
> cutomer service is not so much how you minimise the mistakes, but
> how you
> handle the customer when something does go wrong.  Peak passes my
> test!

I agree. My car failed its MOT recently and the cost to repair the
failure and other items exceeded £1000. The fellow I first spoke with
about each item (how do I know what a bulkhead is? I don't even know
how to use DOF preview :-) ) was exceedingly defensive and it took all
my concentration to steer the conversation towards a calm explanation
of the points, and as a result I left feeling miffed. The next chap I
spoke with, explained each item and went through them identifying
which bits could wait until next year, which bits could wait to be
checked again in say six months, and which bits needed to happen right
now. Not quite the same as your example, but the simple truthful path
is satisfying I think.
You get it on eBay too. Some sellers are completely incommunicative
and others let you know what's happening at each step, even when
something is going wrong. It feels so much better giving these ones
positive feedback.

Nic