Re: [OM] [Resolved] Zuiko 90/2.0 Macro diaphragm spring died??

Subject: Re: [OM] [Resolved] Zuiko 90/2.0 Macro diaphragm spring died??
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 12:39:03 +0200
I also have no idea how this happened, but the spring does not
hook onto both ends very securely, the one end is secure (through
a hole) the other is just the spring hooking *around* a sort-of small
pin.

I can see how, over the years, and with the spring hook slowly bending
more
open, it could one day decide to dislodge from around the pin :-) At
least it's
a really easy fix, but a good pick to hook the spring is a must, I
battled a bit
even though I used a very good, small-ended tweezer from an
electronics kit.

The spring in my 90/2.0 seems to have weakened, i.e. sometimes, right
at the maximum
setting (f/22) the aperture does not close, or quickly in anyway, but
at f/16 down it's
perfectly snappy. It's always been this way since I obtained the lens,
but I'll replace the
spring one day, now that I know where it is :-)

Thanks again all, I am a happy camper with my 90/2.0 - life just feels
wrong without it...