Re: [OM] Depth of field preview

Subject: Re: [OM] Depth of field preview
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 11:11:06 -0700
> From: hfure99@xxxxxxx
>
> Chuck raises a good point. Though FL has a minimal effect on total dof
> the distribution around the focal plane is altered.  I believe it is
> close to 60/40 distribution  rear to front at super WA and approaches
> 50/50 at longer FL.  So when the dof calculator asks for the FL, I
> will
> put it in.

Interesting. I may have to go revisit the textbook I've been teaching
from for some decades.

Have any references for that?

:::: We can only continue to use oil as long as it lasts. We should be
looking for other sources of energy. There's only one that's big
enough, it's free, and good for at least a billion years. That's the
sun. We must move into solar energy. -- M. King Hubbert, 1976 ::::
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.EcoReality.org> ::::