Re: [OM] Getting out of hand...

Subject: Re: [OM] Getting out of hand...
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 15:02:23 -0500
Well, where do I start...

1. One of them was clearly sharpened differently than the other.

2. DoF of the two formats accounts for additional blurring.

3. Exposure isn't the same, so that skews the eye/brain interpretation.

4. Low ISO, even 1/8" sensors look good.

Still, this is encouraging.  I appreciate the extra sharpness the E-P1
samples in controlled conditions (aka, people giving a rip about the picture
quality, not just hack journalists who know how to write, but are clueless
about actually taking pictures).

What I'm mostly encouraged about is that this is a sign of what is to come
in the next generation of DSLRs from Olympus.  That fifth-generation
processor and almost AA-less sensor is a good match.

AG