Re: [OM] Flash Floods

Subject: Re: [OM] Flash Floods
From: Frank van Lindert <Frank@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 13:49:54 +0200
Thanks, Tom.

Yes, quite a difference. But I assume that it has happened before,
perhaps many times, in the past.

BTW, beautiful area, along the River Wharfe.
I remember passing through Otley once or twice. First time was on
bicycle, in 1979 or 1980 it must have been, on my way from Hull to
Skipton and then further on to Kirkby Lonsdale and the Lake District.
Hard work, negotiating all those hills and mountains. We (girlfriend
and I) carried tent and all necessary camping gear on our racing
bikes. 15-speed, which was much at the time, but not enough. I do even
remember that each bike, fully packed, put 21 kg on the scale - which
was considered to be very light weight.

Frank.