Re: [OM] picture link

Subject: Re: [OM] picture link
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 08:42:07 -0500

> Hmm, my faith is somewhat restored - this looks very acceptable for
> f/2.8. Now why do you suppose the other f/6.3 example looks so horrible?

There is gobs of CA in that picture and a general lack of edge-contrast. But
for crying out loud, consider the pixel-count.  When printed, the CA and
edge-contrast is a non-issue.  Over that size, I can easily fix the CA and a
touch of sharpening takes care of the other.

The hazards of pixel-peeping is that we lose perspective.  We lose the
perspective of just how big these files are.

AG