Re: [OM] Best rechargeable batts for my Olympus FL-50R

Subject: Re: [OM] Best rechargeable batts for my Olympus FL-50R
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 22:24:48 -0400
What Moose and AG said.  How many shots you get will depend on the power
level at which the flash is operating.  If you're shooting TTL at modest
distances I suspect you will get at least 250 and probably quite a few
more... maybe as much as 500.  But I would go with two sets of Eneloops,
not one.  AA alkaline in a high power flash are pretty useless...
they'll have a very short life.  In particular, recycle times will begin
to slow to unacceptable values fairly quickly.

Get two sets of Eneloops since you'll need a backup even if one set has
the required capacity.  I've been shooting with Eneloops for the past 3
years or so but it's still possible that *your* set might have one cell
that fails in the first hour of use.  Be prepared.

Dr. Flash