Re: [OM] Some interesting digital x-ray image technology

Subject: Re: [OM] Some interesting digital x-ray image technology
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 21:17:23 -0300
Cc: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Unheard of in the neighborhood.
As for its diagnostic advantage compared to conventional x-ray, should
ask someone more qualified than me - but I can hardly imagine some.

For a more in-depth imagenology, MRI
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetic_Resonance_Imaging> usually
follows a simple (but well done) x-ray on film. This one is interesting,
had my left shoulder joint 'mri-ed' last year. Lots of false-positives,
along with mine. Surgeons prefer to read the images themselves, not the
Radiologists' reading/inform.

Fernando.

Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> I had my knees x-rayed yesterday (no good news there)
[snip]