Re: [OM] Some interesting digital x-ray image technology

Subject: Re: [OM] Some interesting digital x-ray image technology
From: GMcGrath@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 22:11:28 EDT
The type of technology Chuck refers to is called "CR" for short. The latent
 image is stored on a phosphor plate in a cartridge, which is then "read"
by a  laser in the processor and scanned into a computer. The type of
technology Frank  refers to is known as "DR." The sensor is wired directly to
the
computer and  sends the signal instantaneously to the computer. CCD image
capture is also  being developed, wherein a CCD actually "looks" at a
phosphorescent plate that  glows when the exposure is made and the image is
captured
optically, then sent  to the computer.

I'm still using film in my veterinary practice due to the (comparatively)
high cost of digital. In human medicine, though, it's a different ball game
all  together.

HTH,
Greg