Re: [OM] More on DOF and focal length (by Ctein)

Subject: Re: [OM] More on DOF and focal length (by Ctein)
From: Tom Fenwick <super.wide@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 08:40:09 +0100
On 29 Jun 2009, at 05:26, Ken Norton  wrote:

> Yes, if you crop the image from the 25mm lens to the exact same
> framing as
> the 300mm image and then print or display them at the same size.

This is absolutely correct. Optically you are choosing to do the
enlarging in camera with the 300 and later with the 25. The result is
the same.

I can imagine various factors that could make the result look
different; the relative properties of the two lenses, enlarger,
scanner, upsizing software, depending on how you conducted the
experiment...

Tom