Re: [OM] More on DOF and focal length (by Ctein)

Subject: Re: [OM] More on DOF and focal length (by Ctein)
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 22:20:12 +0800
I expected this could be your answer :-) I just too lazy to shot another F11
or F16 shot. In that case you will not detect the 28mm shot's backgroud is
out of focus and the 300mm shot will just look the same (serious out of
focus).

Even I took another F11 shot you may say my 21MP sensor is too low in
resolution. I need a 400MP sensor since the COC used in the calculation
should be 0.003mm not 0.03mm. A higher pixel sensor is required :-)

BTW, I just put 0.003mm as COC to the calculation, the DOF of 28mm lens is
still much bigger than a 280mm lens with 0.03mm COC. Or the calculator
itself is wrong?

I used the following data:

F11, object distance 10ft, COC 0.003mm, the DOF of 28mm lens is 2.66ft

F11, object distance 10ft, COC 0.03mm, the DOF of  280mm lens is 0.24ft

http://www.dofmaster.com/dofjs.html

C.H.Ling