Re: [OM] Hats off - Zuiko 300mm ƒ/4,5 <--> 85~250mm ƒ/5 shootout, by Chu

Subject: Re: [OM] Hats off - Zuiko 300mm ƒ/4,5 <--> 85~250mm ƒ/5 shootout, by Chuck.
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 17:40:39 -0400
Yes, I noticed that wide open performance immediately myself.  But I was
more or less prepared for that from your frequent praise of the lens.
But my biggest surprise was how close the 85-250 is after a bit of
stopping down.  I hadn't previously thought it was that sharp but then I
realized I've used it very few times and always on distant subjects
where I was contending with atmospheric turbulence.  Even these images
have to contend with some testing problems.  It was late afternoon
before I could get to the test.  The sun was going down (changing light)
and the wind was starting to pick up (motion blur).  The test subjects
are just what was readily available in the yard or the shed that also
had some color.

Chuck Norcutt