Re: [OM] Opinions and images wanted: OM Zuiko 35mm f/2.0

Subject: Re: [OM] Opinions and images wanted: OM Zuiko 35mm f/2.0
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 17:56:56 +0800
In my experience 35/2 is the least sharp Zuiko wide among the F2 group. For
the F2 Zuiko wide, the order of resolution at infinity would be: 21/2, 24/2,
28/2 and 35/2. 21/2 and 24/2 are very close in performance.

21/2, 24/2 and 28/2 has close focus correction, they should perform better
at close distance. I think the price reflect the quality very well, 35/2 is
the cheapest F2 wide, of course it is also due to this focal length is
easier to make.

BTW, I just made some test shot with 35/2, 24/2 and 50/1.4 SC, you can see
the performance of both 24/2 and 50/1.4 are better but the 35/2 shot is
still very usable. (the focus point is at "Central Valley")

http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/IMG_5479_35F2.JPG

http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/IMG_5480_24F2.JPG

http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/IMG_5481_5014F2.JPG

C.H.Ling