Re: [OM] Hats off - Zuiko 300mm f/4, 5 <--> 85~250mm f/5 shootout, by C

Subject: Re: [OM] Hats off - Zuiko 300mm f/4, 5 <--> 85~250mm f/5 shootout, by Chuck.
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 10:26:43 -0500
The 85-250 used to be my standard long lens on many outings.  It was
somewhat supplanted by the Tamron SP 80-200/2.8.  I never fully
adapted to the Tamron simply because I never had a 77mm PL which was
of sufficient quality to match the Tamron.  I figured I was going to
have to buy new and test, but by then I was messing around with
digital stuff.  Also between the two the Tamron has been much more
useful on an E body because of the speed and the relative ease in
manual focusing.  But I have always loved the form factor of the
85-250 -- so Zuiko-ish, like a larger 75-150/4.  The reach between 200
and 250mm always seemed a real benefit and I used it frequently.

Joel W.