[OM] Real world [was More on DOF and focal length (by Ctein)]

Subject: [OM] Real world [was More on DOF and focal length (by Ctein)]
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 18:48:55 -0400
I'll have to don my "I agree with Moose" t-shirt once again.  Went
trough a similiar process.  When I thought the dof was borderline at
F11 and was fortunate enough to bracket the aperture, the increased dof
for the shots at F16 alwyas trumped the mild diffraction softening.
Perhaps there are situtrations where that is not true but if you need
the dof , the smaller aperture seems to trump the diffraction by quite
a bit.  Perhaps Dr. focus et al. could explain why.

A more careful to bracket, Mike

For me, for this subject and many of the thinks I
photograph, DOF is more important.

F16 and be there Moose