[OM] f.a.q on OM 4 & OM 4Ti

Subject: [OM] f.a.q on OM 4 & OM 4Ti
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 00:07:06 -0300
Well, it was quite foreseeable that I would start a thread like this one.

I'll begin with the easy ones:

1- While changing the winder from the 4 to the 4Ti, I removed the chrome
cap on the 4Ti and found that it would not screw easily on the 4 body. I
somehow recall having read something on this here, long ago. Just wanted
to be sure: the chrome cap won't screw on a 4 body, and the black cap
won't screw on the 4Ti body. Am I right?. OTOH, battery caps are
interchangeable.

2- I felt surprised by this one, never read of it here and it's not
mentioned in the Manual of the 4Ti: after the winder2 was attached and
working, I set the shutter speed dial to red 1/60 and to B. I fired on
Sequence mode while looking at the shutter curtain. Both curtains seem
to travel together, I could see no light through, at mechanical 1/60.
But if I fire using the camera's shutter release button, it appears to
be alright. Didn't try yet, my other winder in on my best OM 2n, but I'm
almost sure that if I shoot in Sequence mode with shutter speed dial at
B, the shutter would remain open. It's too late for me now to try this,
and perhaps unnecessary. I remain surprised by the shutter at red 1/60
doesn't open when triggered by the winder2.

3- more to come, sorry list - I know you're busy in the digital age.

;-)

Fernando.