Re: [OM] (OT) Fourth of July Parade

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) Fourth of July Parade
From: <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 17:57:01 -0400
Cc: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
---- Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<snip>>
> In any case, with a low noise camera like the D3 in bright light, there
> should be almost endless shadow detail available to pull up as desired.
> You'd be amazed what a nice dose of combined Shadow & Highlight would do
> for all these images.
>
> Dr. Eschew Flash

Actually, I discovered that shadow/highlight is a pretty good substitute. I'm
not sure why, but the post-processed photoshop files are much smoother than the
web images. The example you used, The Man From Nantucket, really gave my wife a
case of the willies at 100 percent on the eyes. <g>

I like your levels and curves alteration. I did some of that, but I may go back
and do more. That particular photo is one I might want to work on for a while.
As for the Whoo-hoo girls, it was a very quick grab shot after I'd switched
from the 24-70 to the 70-200. I just couldn't get back far enough fast enough.
But they were nice gams. <g>

--Bob Whitmire
www.bwp33.com