Re: [OM] f.a.q on OM 4 & OM 4Ti

Subject: Re: [OM] f.a.q on OM 4 & OM 4Ti
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 22:41:02 -0300
Cc: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
John, thanks for answering.

I knew about the chrome battery caps, but had doubts about the motor
drive cap: the black cap would not screw until flat on the surface of
the 4Ti body, and I didn't want to apply any more torque than which I
was able to do with my right thumb.

Btw, I'd like to arise a question rarely discussed in this list, but
mentioned here:
<http://brashear.phys.appstate.edu/lhawkins/photo/olympus.faq.html#ques_B5>

So far, it only happened once with my OM 4 body:
When attaching PBG2 + T32 + Winder2 +TTL Cable + Shutter release cable from
PBG2 and Winder2.
camera went mad and the red spot meter light and the self timer red light
started to blink quickly, and shutter wouldn't fire.
Disconnected the short cable between PBG2 and winder, and it calmed down.
Next time I used the same setup, I did so with all switches turned off
(winder2, T32), and this behavior didn't repeat.

But I still find something odd, maybe idiosyncratic of the plain 4, and it
puzzles me:
When I turn the Auto-Manual lever to Battery Check, both the Spot red light and
the viewfinder's
Flash Ready red light (bottom-right in the display), turn On before the Self
Timer red light turns on and beep.
That is, before the lever reaches the Battery Check position.

Another almost unimportant issue is that the beep sound when removing the lens
is almost inaudible in the 4 compared to the 4Ti

Last, I found another issue which I found surprising and somehow annoying:
With no lens mounted, and meter On on both the 4 and 4Ti - they turned Off as
expected, but the 4 meter will not turn On
again when pressing the Shutter Release button, while the 4Ti will.
I lost one Velvia 50 frame pressing the Shutter button more than what
necessary, and in this country you find Velvia nowhere! :-)
Every Velvia 24*36mm area is too valuable :-)

To make the 4 meter to turn On, I should either move the lever to Battery
Check, or (this I don't recall to well, so not sure about)
press the viewfinder display illumination button.

Just spreading the news, in case these 'confusional states' could harm the
circuit.

Fernando.