Re: [OM] Using FL-50R, wedding sample pictures, Eneloop

Subject: Re: [OM] Using FL-50R, wedding sample pictures, Eneloop
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 09:08:54 -0500

> Which autofocus switch are you referring to??  The AEL button just above
> the thumb?

No, the AF mode switch on the lower-left-front-corner of the body. It's the
three-way, semi-recessed lever.

Reviewers have panned it hard and Olympus dutifully took it away as a
result. A shame, really, because it's the only AF mode-selector I've come
across that is so easily operated with gloves on by feel only.  It takes
getting used to so you don't inadvertently change it, but once you figure
out how to recognize when the AF isn't doing what you expect it to, you can
quickly glance at it to discover that you must have bumped it.

I've also gotten really used to the front adjustment wheel being up there,
instead of being recessed, like all other ones.

AG