Re: [OM] Using FL-50R, wedding sample pictures, Eneloop batts, etc...

Subject: Re: [OM] Using FL-50R, wedding sample pictures, Eneloop batts, etc...
From: David Irisarri <div2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 12:22:49 +0200

   Hi all,

Thank you for your ideas regarding to PS. According to highlight
recovery, I am using RAW Developer for MAC so results should be close
to ACR as both take DCRAW from David Coffin.

Joel thanks for your compliments regarding to the pictures. I am a
little bit picky (I don´t know if it´s the right word) with the images
because the photographer in the wedding was Kake
http://www.kakefoto.com/modules/wfarcadina/index.php?id=12 He is the
best photographer of La Coruña. He simply loves Olympus cameras, he
appeared in a german magazine using the E-3 in some weddings. I had
time to speak with him during the wedding about Zuiko Digital lenses,
and some E-bodies. He was using also the E-3 with 14-35 f2, E-30 with
12-60 and some Canon 3d-mark II bodies with 70-200 lenses, video
cameras, etc... So I wanted to take some good pics ;))) I would love
working with him. I will be meet him again in the next wedding at the
end of August and I would like to be prepared. ;)))
I had very bad experiences with my E-1 at the end of the wedding
because the autofocus wasn´t working (I had to press the shutter
release several times to get the subject in focus) and although I was
using SHLD-2 grip, it seems it wasn´t enough for the whole night. E-1
was certainly slow focusing inside the building with low light. So E-3
is a clear winner in all fields. I just only want to see if E-1
dynamic range is narrower than E-3 one. In several days I´ll submit
the results regarding to E-1 dynamic range using Imatest software.

Regards,

Dave