Re: [OM] Z. 50 1.8 on EP-1--- review

Subject: Re: [OM] Z. 50 1.8 on EP-1--- review
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban" <zuiko21@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 15:47:51 +0200
Hi John, Chuck and all,

> From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>

> There are 5 types of 50 1.8
>
> 1 - Silver nosed, single coated
> 2 - black filter ring, single coated, glass parts different than type 1.
> 3 & 4 multicoated.   "Japan" on name ring.  Mostly identical inside
> except type 4 has different lens group 2nd in from the rear. Name ring
> will say "MC" (type 3) or not (Type 4).
> 5 - Multicoated, "Made in Japan" on name ring, shares no optical parts
> with type 3 or 4. Uses same name ring as type 4, Not marked MC.

Thanks for the reminder. I wasn't aware of the type-4! So, the only external
difference with the type (the 'miJ') is that type 4 is marked 'Japan' and
type 5  'made in Japan' at the name ring, am I wrong?

 Chuck Norcutt wrote:

> >> No, it's not the MIJ although they comment that it's multicoated so
> > it's
> >> later rather than earlier.  The MIJ name ring just says "ZUIKO" and
> > not
> >> "F.ZUIKO".  Also, on the MIJ, the focal length precedes the aperture
> >> whereas this older lens lists the aperture first.

<snip>

Thanks for your accurate and comprehensive description of Zuiko's
different markings. But now I'm wondering if the lens shown in the
above link is the _actual_ lens they used for the test, or just a
generic picture? Anyway, as you already said, the presence or not of
multicoating should have no effect at all on Chromatic Aberration.

Cheers,
--
Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas
IES Turaniana (Roquetas de Mar, Almeria)