Re: [OM] f.a.q on OM 4 & OM 4Ti

Subject: Re: [OM] f.a.q on OM 4 & OM 4Ti
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban" <zuiko21@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 16:57:10 +0200
Hi Ken and all,

> From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> > Yes, it's a shame for me -- that prevents the use of an OM body + Winder
> > for
> > an automated meteor shower recorder :-(
> >

> OM-1md, OM-1n, OM-3, OM-3Ti.

Nope. Just checked my bodies... I no longer have my OM-4, and never
had a 3, but the 2SP @ B + winder does ZERO exposure --
and the same at the red 1/60.

As John H. noted, the OM-2 / 2n @ B + winder makes a short (about 1/500)
exposure. My OM-1n (and the 2 / 2n's with good batteries in) does a somewhat
longer exposure, I would say around 1/60. Definitely not B, though.

Whay I would need for the task is some electro-mechanical device (a
solenoid?) screwed into the shutter release thread (just like a classic
cable release) which actually presses the shutter release for the specified
time, then looses it, after a prudential time sends a pulse to the remote
connector of the Winder (does it have one?) and, after a safe time for
winding, starts depressing the release again... way beyond my abilities :-(

Cheers,
--
Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas
IES Turaniana (Roquetas de Mar, Almeria)