Re: [OM] Using FL-50R, wedding sample pictures, Eneloop batts, etc...

Subject: Re: [OM] Using FL-50R, wedding sample pictures, Eneloop batts, etc...
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 14:42:55 -0700
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> I don't know what the point of the link is.  Not far down the page he lists
> 55 other products (including PhotoShop) that he calls "Other Raw Photo
> Decoders".  I don't see a claim anywhere that these applications use his code.

Read the whole thing.
"Other Raw Photo Decoders
Dcraw has made it far easier for developers to support a wide range of
digital cameras in their applications. They can call dcraw from a
graphical interface, paste pieces of dcraw.c into their code, or just
use dcraw.c as the documentation that camera makers refuse to provide: "

Dave's a software developer, not a writer. The implication in the above
is that the products that follow use some part of dcraw - note the full
colon at the end of the intro pp. Many of these apps freely say they use
dcraw. As:
RawTherapee V2.4 Release Candidate 2
March 13, 2009
The following fixes/additions have been made since the last release
candidate:

    * dcraw update to 8.93/1.421
    * ....

Moose