Re: [OM] A dull weekend shooting aeroplanes

Subject: Re: [OM] A dull weekend shooting aeroplanes
From: Ian Nichols <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 20:20:10 +0100
2009/7/13 Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Thanks.  You've got some nice stuff there.  I was momentarily startled
> by the helicopter "assault" operation.  At least that's what it looked like.

They always close the show with something like that - I think it's
mostly to entertain the kids in the audience with some bangs and
flashes and men abseiling out of helicopters and running about rather
than looking realistic, which would be difficult in the confines of an
airfield.  With less wind and a clearer sky, there's usually
parachuting involved too.  Obviously they'd have the aircraft well
away from the landing zone whilst that happens.

--
Stand firm for what you believe in, until and unless logic and experience
prove you wrong.  Remember: when the emperor looks naked, the emperor *is*

-Daria Morgendorffer