Re: [OM] ( DZ OM ) Value for money?

Subject: Re: [OM] ( DZ OM ) Value for money?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 14:21:56 -0400
I too would prefer real 3-D, color subjects but one can't compare
without having the same shot and same lighting with a different camera
and/or lens.  I think digital-picture's resolution charts are fine but I
have yet to compare two images side-by-side.

Granted, DPReview's DXO charts don't give you any feeling for what a
real photograph looks like but, if the maximum resolution of the lens on
a high contrast target is only 1500 line pairs across the vertical
height of the sensor it seems clear to me that adding color, low
contrast and diagonals is not going to improve that.  I think it simply
sets an upper limit on resolution without telling you much about real
world results.

Chuck Norcutt

C.H.Ling wrote:
> Yes, I didn't look at the details you referred but I did read some dpreview
> lens test results, honestly say I don't see a clear picture how the lens
> perform in real life. I don't like figures, I like to visual the test result
> myself, most Canon lens results and some third party one are available in
> the link I referred including the 70-200/2.8 IS, I like it much more than
> the dp test because it is more straight forward and simple to me. You can
> also compare the lenses test result side by side at different apertures.
>
> I still think in real life a higher MP sensor can benifit to most lenses
> even by some measures the lens resolve below the so call Nyquist frequency
> of the sensor. Here is a 100% cropped 21/2 shot which shown the 5D Mark II
> leave a lot to desire even with its 21MP sensor.
>
> RAW converted with DPP with sharpness setting = 0.
>
> http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/IMG_5622c.JPG
>
> C.H.Ling

>>> 200lp/mm. And the guy in a Tamron lens site mentioned he seen 100 lines
>>> per