[OM] My Book Signing this Friday, July 17

Subject: [OM] My Book Signing this Friday, July 17
From: Richard Man <richard.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 11:57:36 -0700
I was in the Stanford's Continuing Education class Self Publishing
Your Photo Book this past Spring, and now the fruits of our labor are
ready to be unleashed into the world :-) The course was taught by
Brigitte Carnochan and there are about 20 people in the class. For a
few people, they had the book practically all planned at the start of
the class. For others, it took a bit more work.

For me personally, at the 3rd session when we were presenting our
materials to our peers and when we should already have most of the
images nailed down, I was looking at just a dozen images that I didn't
know what to do with. One of co-instructors said to me, "Richard, I
feel like you are holding out on me, these are (good) images but they
are not cohesive to tell a story." It was definitely a "uh oh, what do
I do now" moment.

And so it goes. I learned a lot about pacing, editing, and
presentation. My book combines my love for photography and
calligraphy, and the theme of Asian Spiritual worship in its core. You
can get a 15 page preview of my book Full Circle here:
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/745963

A special edition of 10 copies is available for $100, each comes with
an archival print and a hand written calligraphy of "Full Circle."

I hope you can join us this Friday from 7-10PM at the Modern Book
Gallery, 494 University Ave., Palo Alto, CA.
http://www.modernbook.com. You may purchase the books at that time.

--
// richard m: richard @imagecraft.com
// w: http://www.rfman.com blog: http://rfman.wordpress.com