Re: [OM] Resolution? Which resolution? [was Value for money?]

Subject: Re: [OM] Resolution? Which resolution? [was Value for money?]
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 15:31:07 -0400
I wonder if the 5D's better peformance over the 300D's equal area 6MP is
due to better tonal gradations or some such.  I suspect the perceived
resolution of real world color detail is much influenced by eye and
brain interaction and may go somewhat beyond true physical resolution.

None of us sees our retinal blind spot so it's clear the brain and optic
nerve can do a lot of image fill-in.

Chuck Norcutt