Re: [OM] Polarizing filter tests

Subject: Re: [OM] Polarizing filter tests
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 19:05:42 -0400
Yep, I noticed that.  That B&W pol had a super score too.  Either they
sent the wrong one or glued in the quater wave plate at an angle of 0
or 90 degrees against the azimuth of the polarizer, as mentioned.  It
was marked on the box AND ring of the pol as circular.   Not good no
matter how you slice it.

Oh, the mirror test---the linear pol  looks the same either way looking
at its image in the mirror.  The ciirc pol is dark with the cam side at
your eye.
I think I got that right.

Mike

I suppose the manufacturers didn't know the test was being conducted. I
think you can be sure B&W wouldn't have sent a linear polarizer marked
circular if requested to provide a unit for test. ;-) Yes, you can test
in seconds, but I don't recall how at the moment.

Moose