Re: [OM] (OT) Fourth of July Parade

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) Fourth of July Parade
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 07:02:53 +0100
Hi Carlos

On 15 Jul 2009, at 00:38, Carlos J. Santisteban wrote:

> I knew you would reply quickly to my rant :-)

I am sometimes quite predictable :-)

> Maybe you don't use tabs too much or, better said, don't use too
> many tabs!
> My current window has 18 tabs, and that's much less than some other
> times!

All the time, which is why I hate having to use IE6 at work.

> Main problem is navigation thru tabs -- with just a few, it's easier
> with
> the mouse; but I do need the keyboard shortcuts for previous/next tab.
> Originally they were {Command+Left arrow} and {Command+Right arrow},
> respectively, which I think is the proper way to do it, at least on
> a Mac.

It's been Cmd-Shift-{ or -} for a year or two now, Carlos.  I don't
use the ones you mentioned below, but they do work for me.  Do you
have some bit of software that is blocking your shortcuts?

> But somewhere in the 3.x era, an IDIOT inside Apple had the STUPID,
> nonsense
> idea of changing them to {Alt+Left arrow} and {Alt+Right arrow}...
> which are
> the SAME used for moving to the beginning and end in text fields.
> So when
> arriving to a tab with a selected text field, it stopped working!
> Quite
> annoying in my case.
>
> Now it comes Safari 4... again, I see a pointless, annoying change
> -- the
> stop/reload button to the right of the URL field, whereas in 3.x _and_
> Firefox was to the left :-( But the new tab navigation shortcuts are,
> theoretically, {Control+Shift+Tab} and {Control+Tab}. And I say
> "theoretically" because... they DON'T work at all!!!!!

I agree about the stop/reload button, but the shortcuts work for

Chris