[OM] speaking of batteries

Subject: [OM] speaking of batteries
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 20:35:40 -0500
On the "vacation", my wife is planning on completing the editing of her book
and really needs to have her laptop powered. However, we are going to be in
the "sticks" without electricity for a few days at a time.  Anybody have any
recommendations--uh, make that AFFORDABLE recommendations?

My budget for this would be the cost of a night or two of a hotel room.  I
was thinking of a 12v deep-cycle battery, inverter and a charger.

Rumor has it that the rewards for pulling this off are rather high.  :)

AG