Re: [OM] speaking of batteries

Subject: Re: [OM] speaking of batteries
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 22:16:20 -0500

> What kind of laptop. I purchased, but never used, a car battery converter
> for an IBM laptop. I believe it generates 18V and have not use for it, if
> that
> could help.
>
> btw, I forgot how to write with pen and paper.

LOL, well, it's all written and she has a stack of pages with editor notes.
I think she's down to the last two chapters and I think her deadline is in
four weeks.

The laptop is a Toshiba, but the line-lump plugs into a DC-AC inverter just
fine. Not an issue there.  The big issue is the laptop draining the jeep
battery. We'd prefer to not be stranded at some back-country campsite 25
miles from the nearest paved road. Also, if I have enough juice in a spare
battery system I could keep a cooler running.

AG