Re: [OM] IMG: More Warsaw

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: More Warsaw
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 11:20:23 -0500
Get on the Hoover Highway in Iowa City and drive 10 miles east to his
birthplace in West Branch.  Presidential library, gravesite, village
reconstruction and cabin he grew up in.  Find the statue of Isis on
the grounds.  Restored prairie at the edge of town.

I'm not exactly a fan, but he was a great man and hardly responsible
for the economic meltdown to which his name is associated.  Little
known fact -- he was a pretty good classicist, especially for an
engineer type, and translated Agricola's work on mining.

Joel W.