Re: [OM] Images As The Mood Strikes - 18

Subject: Re: [OM] Images As The Mood Strikes - 18
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 03:12:54 -0700
Joel Wilcox wrote:

> My inner dialectic is usually whether I want to shoot things in good light or
> whether I just want to shoot specific kinds of things.

How about both! ;-)

> I like to shoot flowers and will shoot them in any kind of light, same thing
> with people, but mostly other than that, I'm less picky about what I shoot
> and more interested in following the good light.  I get up early for it and
> stay late.  I'm not much of a photographer, unless being an opportunist
> applies.  Maybe a masochist too, especially the getting up early part.

See! There's why I'm only half the photographer you are, I don't do
morning light - well morning anything, really. That's my story and I'm
stickin' to it.* :-)

> Flowers are special as they are like an extension of our family.  Our day
> lilies are usually riotous this time of year.  I got so jaded with them a
> couple years ago that I mostly didn't get out the cameras. Then the flood
> came and took everything back to primordial goo.  I take nothing for granted
> as things come back:
>
> http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2012321&id=1261510733&l=ad519ef398
>
> I experimented with shallow DOF on quite a few of these shots.  The DZ 15-54
> is not the bokeh king, but I'm very satisfied with that lens.

Lovely flowers and yard. If I didn't know about the floods, I'd be even
more envious. Fireworks right across the river is cool too.

We haven't had any day lilies out front for a couple of years. Not sure
why, but it may be time ... I've been slowly putting together a gallery
of flower pics, what else, that already has a couple of daylily images.

The DOF on this one is from combining two shots. Even at f16, the old
DOF gets thinner as you get closer.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=BlakeHouse/20090710&image=_MG_6725-26ii.jpg>

This is "purer" as one shot.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=BlakeHouse/20090710&image=_MG_6744cria.jpg>