Re: [OM] Images As The Mood Strikes - 18

Subject: Re: [OM] Images As The Mood Strikes - 18
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 03:24:31 -0700

Fernando Gonzalez Gentile wrote:

> OTOH, I couldn't disagree more with an isolated thought of yours, but instead
> of getting stuck into disagreement  I went to read deeper into John Locke's
> thoughts (I enjoy the travel ... :-) ).
> This is the isolated, out of context thought I'm mentioning, thought as your
> mood strikes.

That statement wasn't meant in any great, philosophical way. It was
intended to be quite specific to the prior content. To me, you either
cut off the data points at the limit or, if the experimental results
disagree with the theory, leave out the theoretical line.

Anything else, without much more explanation than given, is just
confusing and apparently nonsensical.

In the larger sense, highlighting differences between theory and
practice would be highly situation and intent specific, to me. As a
means of highlighting weaknesses in theory, it's a powerful engine of
scientific and technical advance. In context of practical instruction in
doing things, it would generally just be a distraction.

Moose